Biohazard Spill Kit
It is recommended that a Biohazard Spill Kit be available in each area where there is potential for spills/releases of a biohazardous nature. Commercially prepared kits may be purchased through safety supply vendors such as Fisher or the individual laboratories may put together their own kits.
These kits should include, but are not limited to, such items as:
- Concentrated disinfectant (e.g. bleach)
- Paper towels and absorbent pads
- Spray bottle (for mixing 10% bleach)
- Biohazard/Autoclave bags
- Sharps container (for contaminated broken glass or needles)
- PPE (gloves, goggles, lab coat)
- Forceps, tongs or dust pan and broom to pick up broken glass
This kit may be stored where chemical spill kits are located or where first aid kits are stored.